Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Review: Vicious

Vicious Vicious by L.J. Shen
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 "I want you to kiss me back" Stars

Vicious. I don't even know if I have the words to describe Vicious. He's dark and broody and mean as fuck. If you take the time to look up "asshole" in the dictionary, you're going to see a picture of Vicious. I've never met a man--real or fiction--quite like Vicious.

And that gives him something special. That makes him a dark, twisted man that I want to wrap in my arms and hold. But not at first because at first I wanted to punch this guy is his face. I think I still do. At least a little bit.
My Grandmama once told me that love and hate are the same feelings experienced under different circumstances. The passion is the same. The pain is the same. The weird thing that bubbles in your chest? Same. I didn't believe her until I met Baron Spencer and he became my nightmare.

What makes Baron Spencer, aka Vicious, tick? What pushes him to do the things he does? Why doesn't he feel things beyond hate and pain? Why does he fight? Why can't he love? These are all questions I asked myself, but I knew deep down that he could feel, he could love, and he could be kind. It would just take the right person, the right circumstance.

"I want to fuck you and watch your face while I do. To see how you drown in me as I hurt you as much as it hurts me to have to see your goddamn face every day."/b>

A crazy first encounter leaves an impression on Vicious. Poor Millie doesn't stand a snowball's chance in Hell in this new school, this new life. She's the daughter of servants. She's the one who could possibly know all of Vicious's secrets. She stands nothing to lose, but everything to gain. At least that's how the girls look at her. The guys, well the guys know that Vicious has laid some weird claim on her. Not that he shows it beyond tormenting her, but she is his nonetheless.

She was a fantasy, and like all fantasies, she was meant to be savored, cherished, and treated with caution and respect.

After ten years, ten long years between high school and the time Vicious walks back into Millie's life, it is clear that the tension is still there. The hate and the pain. The love and the lust.
It's.
All.
Still.
There.
But at what cost? How can Millie possibly reconcile the Vicious she knows from before with the Vicious standing before her now? Has he changed? Can he possibly be a better man now?

"Apologize for not being mine when you should've been. Because Emilia, baby..." I tilted my head sideways. "It was always fucking us and you know it."

I get it though, how difficult it was to see that they belonged together when everything pulled them apart. Mostly Vicious kept them apart. His inability to care or love or even like someone kept him from Millie. It holds them apart now. Some things change, but is Vicious one of those things?

Her eyes burned for me. Only for me.


View all my reviews

No comments: