Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Review: Defy

Defy Defy by L.J. Shen
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 I think about you before I think about myself Stars

If you're looking for a super hot, yet super sweet student-teacher romance, look no further than Defy. This book has the domineering alpha, the sweet and strong woman, the taboo that will leave you asking where all the hot guys were when you were in high school, and the sex that will warm your nights.

Jaime Followhill is eighteen, yet he's still hanging out in high school finishing his senior year.

Melody Greene is the Lit teacher who hates her job and can't wait to move on with her life.

What happens when Jaime blackmails Ms. Greene into a sexual relationship?

Sex happens. Lots and lots of sex.

Oh no. Please, no. I wasn't ready to die. I had so many things to see and experience. Most of them between the sheets with her barely-legal son, but still.

I couldn't help it. I laughed. Who wouldn't?

If Vicious was the evil one, and Dean was the stoner one, and Trent was the lost, beautiful soul searching for its mate, Jaime was teh cement taht glued them together. He was the guy you could always count on. And I was starting to count on him too.

This book is more than sex though. This is where we get to meet the Four HotHoles. This is where we see the dynamic between Vicious, Dean, Trent, and Jaime. And we get it from the eyes of a 26 year old woman. And we get to see how she begins to trust and rely on someone eight years younger than her. It's beautiful watching these two develop into a real relationship.

"Next time I catch you stalking me from across the road," he whispered into my ear, close enough for it to look suspicious but not enough for people to talk about it afterwards, "you better come say hi. Better yet, you better show me how much you miss me with your lips, instead of stripping me with your eyes."

Yep. Those are the words out of Jaime's mouth. Jaime, the eighteen year old, rich kid from Todos Santos. I want him. I want him desperately. I mean, holy shit.

The book is hot, intense, and a quick read. I would love to see more of Jaime and Mel.

"Fuck me like you mean it."
"Then act like you fucking want it."


View all my reviews

No comments: