Saturday, November 28, 2015

FGBB REVIEWS
Tragic (Rook & Ronin Book 1) 
by JA Huss

5 STARS 
I’m addicted to this new series! JA Huss crafts a story that is enslaving and erotic. Sweet and sexy, dark and dangerous! 

“I was broken, beaten and scared of pretty much everything. And it hit me. If I wanted to change my life then I’d have to do it myself. Because no one was coming to protect me, or save me, or heal me. There was just me.”

Rook Walsh can’t remember a time when she felt safe. 19 years old and she’s already experienced more than most have in their entire lives, she’s homeless and unemployed, with only ten dollars to her name. Staying in a shelter and struggling to make it through each day is not easy especially in a new city, but even though her situation seems dire, it becomes crystal clear that this is a drastic improvement from how Rook had been living before. Rook is running, running for her life. Rook has lived and survived some truly nightmarish things in her nineteen years so far. Having just lost her job with a cleaning company, and down to her last ten dollars, Rook walks into a coffee shop needing a pick me up in the worst way, what happens while she is in said coffee shop, is as they say history. Fate has finally stepped in and is going to give Rook a very much needed break, or so it would seem anyway…

Antoine Chaput – Photography of Artful Beings Test shoot, 1PM, May 17 $100 per hour if booked

Finding this business card, reading these words and being brave enough to show up at Chaput Studios on a whim may just be the best decision Rook has ever made. Things appear to be looking up, she has secured her very own apartment, she’ll be able to eat three hot meals a day if she wants to, shower in privacy and she now has a job, actually she may have two! Meeting Antoine, Ronin, and Elise has literally changed her life, in only a matter of hours. Chaput Studios is a renowned Erotic Photography Studio, and they are looking for a model for their next big campaign, Tragic. Rook may just have the very distinct look they have been searching for and for the first time in a very long time things are not looking so bad.

“We will watch Rook, we promise. We won’t push her, we’ll be careful. We promise all these things if Elise will let us keep this girl. We want her that bad.”

Let me just say looking back on this now, I probably should have never started this series at 7pm in the evening, because once I started this book, I could not put it down! I’m being literal here, I was stilling flipping the pages, totally absorbed at 1:30am, and I had to force myself to put it down. Even then I laid there trying to force myself to sleep and all I could think about was picking it back up and reading more. I have been addicted to JA Huss’s style of writing and the way she crafts a story. I love the fact that her characters have issues, dark pasts, and secrets. But most of all I love their determination. Rook has the type of past that causes nightmares and life-long scars but she isn’t allowing it to hold her back. Antoine and Elise are good people and they have big hearts. Ronin Flynn, OHHHHHHH where do I even begin? That man, from the moment he appeared in the story I knew I was a goner. I fell in insta-love with this deliciously sexy and sensitive man. Ronin is a male model at Chaput Studios but he is going to be so much more to Rook, he is going to become her friend, someone she can finally trust, her lover and maybe, just maybe if I pray hard enough, her true love.

“I don’t want to ruin this girl but I’m not sure I can stop it now.”

This story owned me, and I am so glad that I have the entire series to enjoy now. They are all lined up and waiting for me on my kindle. I’m now obsessed. I cannot wait to see what Huss has in store for the following books. I need to know: will Rook and Ronin make it work; will Rook be found by the man she escaped from in the past, what are Ronin’s true intentions? How does Rook really feel about Ronin and how does Ronin really feel about Rook? So many questions! I’m uneasy about all of the possible answers, but I’m going to have a ton of fun discovering them, I’m sure of it! If you haven’t read this series, I highly recommend it, I’ve only just started this series, and I’m on my way to being well and truly addicted!

“I’m not sure what’s going to happen. Maybe we make it, maybe we won’t, but if there’s one thing I’ve learned, it’s to appreciate the good when it happens. And having this man accept and want me the way I am right now is a good thing, and it’s happening right this second. So I’m going to enjoy it.”

And now onto the next book, Manic… 

No comments: