Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Review: Written in the Scars

Written in the Scars Written in the Scars by Adriana Locke
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I knew this book would hurt me. Everyone warned me. But did I listen? No. I never do. I cried. So. Freaking. Hard.

I thought Ty and E would kill me. Honestly, I could feel the heartbreak and the desperation and the love these two shared. I could imagine that cute teenage guy coming up to the new girl and asking for some gum. I could picture this man fighting his way back into the heart of his wife. I could hear her sobs as she realized she couldn't do this--life--without him. I felt it all.

I don't know how much of my complete heartbreak--and laughter--comes from Adriana Locke's ability to write so perfectly or the outstanding narration from Kai Kennicott and Wen Ross. I'm a sucker for that duo, but there was just something special, something a little bit more with this book that had me a blubbering mess as I pulled into my parking spot at work.

I typically listed to books on my way to and from work. It's the only kid free time I have and so I have to fit my smutty romance books in during this time. Oh, how I wish I had finished this after my scheduled shift. I went to work with a tear-stained face and completely heartbroken. My co-workers were worried. And then I got to feel like a jerk for telling them I was an emotional wreck because of a book. Because Ty and E and Linsdey and Jigs and Cord completely broke me.

They broke me and they put me all back together into a not so neat box. But Adriana did put me back together.

I knew something had to happen. I knew it because fellow book friends don't lie. I knew it because you come to expect a certain amount of heartbreak in your romance books. I knew it because I knew I hadn't suffered enough.

Is my review confusing? Because it needs to be said that I love a good ugly cry book as much as I love a good rom-com. And I LOVED this book. Every character was perfect. They all played off of each other, they fueled the love and the romance, they were the story. They were everything.



View all my reviews

No comments: