Sunday, February 19, 2017

Review: Can't Stop Fate

Can't Stop Fate Can't Stop Fate by Debra Kayn
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4 I will go to hell and back Stars

This is the first time I've read Debra Kayn and I already know that I'll never get enough of her work. I fell so head over heels for Mel that I really, really wish I had started with book one so I could get his full story. Now, if this is your first book by Ms. Kayn, I can attest to the fact that you can read this as a standalone. All the things you need to know are in this book, but I am one of those people who want the back story. I want to see the characters before they get together. I want to know why they are the way they are. I want to know what makes them tick.

I know Raelyn makes Mel tick.
I know Mel makes Raelyn tick.

I know they have been attracted to each other for years, but something always held them back.

Until now.

I want to spend tonight with you, wake up tomorrow and fix you breakfast, and what we do afterward...well, it doesn't matter. We'll flip a coin. Together."

It's this kind of thing that makes me love these two. The love they feel is real. It isn't forced or fake. It is only second to the love Raelyn feels for her son, Dukie. And it's even more beautiful because Mel loves Dukie, too.

Raelyn fights her feelings. She is afraid to commit her life to that of an Old Lady. She has been down this road and it did not end well for her. But what if Mel is different? What if their love is the love she's been waiting her entire life for? What then? Can she overcome her fears and be with the man who has become everything to her? Or will she tuck tail and run?

"Belonging to me looks good on you, babe."

View all my reviews

No comments: