Sunday, January 15, 2017

Review: River James

River James River James by M.J. Fields
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

If you follow my reviews, you'll notice that I have an addiction to Kai and Wen as narrators. They are magical together and they've done an amazing job with this series.

Where do I begin with River James? We already know he's all sorts of fucked up--if only because he stays that way in the first two books. But there has to be more to him than that, right?

The answer is yes. Yes, there is so much more to our River that he very quickly jumped to the top of my STD favorites. Yes, River James is better than Finn Beckett. I know why Jessie was drawn to him all those years ago. I also know how she broke our River.

There's so much darkness and sadness in this book--in River's life--that I am not surprised that he chose to self-medicate. It's also not surprising that he has been in a downward spiral for the majority of his life.

So, what makes Keanna special? What sets her apart from the other women he's been with? What makes her stick around?

Let me just say that what these two have is beautiful, what they go through is tough, but they are perfect for each other. Keanna is the perfect counterpart to River. She is strong and tough and everything he needs to better himself.

Want to see this broken man come to life? Then read--or listen--to River James.

View all my reviews

No comments: