Friday, October 07, 2016

Review: Love Hurts

Love Hurts Love Hurts by Mandi Beck
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This review is going to be a bit more difficult as I listened to this and have absolutely zero notes. So, here goes nothing.

Deacon "The Hitman" Love is a fighter. He fights in the cage. He fights in his life. He is an arrogant, womanizer who only has eyes for Frankie, even if his dick isn't on the same monogamous page. It's all good though because Frankie has no idea that Deacon is in love with her.

Frankie, aka The Princess, grew up with her dad and the Loves. The Loves would protect her at all costs, but most of all, Deacon would protect her.

Unless he couldn't.

He would protect her, but she hadn't spoken to him in two months and he didn't want to push her. He didn't want to watch her with another man.

When Deacon receives a phone call from Frankie, he drops everything to be by her side. This is where there chance really begins. This is where we see The Hitman give it his all.

Or do we?

These two are off the charts sexy. They are fun and their chemistry is fucking ridiculous. I don't know if it's because I have Kai and Wen reading this to me, speaking the lines, or what, but the chemistry is there. The sex scenes, the dialog, the whole freaking story is spot on. The characters feel so freaking real. I felt like i was sitting at the table with them, felt like I was in that gym (which is probably the only way I'll ever be in a gym), felt like I was living this as they were living this.

Seriously, guys. Deacon actually tells someone to "eat a dick." This is something I have said to people. The dialog. Oh, god, the dialog. You just have to read it. Or maybe listen to it. Again, I don't know. I just know that this book is worth it.

Mandi Beck has a new stalker. Well, I'm not a stalker stalker, but I am slightly obsessed with Deacon and Frankie. I've already started the continuation of their story.

View all my reviews

No comments: