Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Review: Deadly Hunt

Deadly Hunt Deadly Hunt by K.L. Humphreys
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.5 Stars

Wow! I'm not sure what else I can say. This book was impressive for a debut. I had a hard time putting this down and if real life hadn't gotten in the way, I wouldn't have.

This story is about a girl. A girl who was abused. A girl who was neglected. A girl who was given the chance at a better life. Without writing a super spoiler-y review, I'm going to say that she did succeed at that better life. She joined the army, made some amazing friends, and then left the army for reasons I will not discuss here as it is a huge plot point.

Nathan is the man of this story, despite there being plenty of men. Nathan is the guy who spots Soph at the club. He is the guy who stakes his claim. He is the guy who gets the girl. Nathan runs a security/bodyguard/private investigative business. Once an FBI agent, he realized he'd rather be doing anything else, but wanted to remain in the field of intelligence.

Circumstances being crazy, these two manage to get together. That's not to say that there are outside forces driving them apart--or trying to--but they do get together. Soph's past keeps kicking her ass, but Nathan is there to help piece it all together.

Now. As for "side characters", this story has quite a few, but they each bring their own game to the table. Scott and Connor are my favorites. Scott is Sophia's brother and he is one of the coolest guys in this book. He is loyal--probably to a fault--and always has Soph's best interest in mind. Oh, he also works for Nathan, but Nathan didn't realize Soph was his sister until after the fact.

Connor. Ha! That man needs to up his game! Couldn't he see it wasn't right?! I'm placing bets on who the girl will be in the end, but this man is crazy. And a moron. I can say that because Sophia says it. ;-)

All in all, this book has the drama. Lots of drama. Bad shit keeps happening, but they keep on going. They never back down and I love that about each and every character. They all fight and they fight hard. Despite all the bad shit, there is so much good too. Soph is such a giving character. She wants what is best for everyone. She fights the battles of others. I'd be willing to bet she and Scott get that from their mother.

Read this book. It has suspense, killing, bombing, adoption, rape, torture, sex, craziness, friendships, bitchy siblings, dumb siblings, cops, agents, sassy women, ridiculous men, and fun.
This book really does have it all and I can't wait to see where else KL Humphreys takes us. I'm sure it's going to be one hell of a ride and I can't wait to get on it!

Can I put in a request? I need Scott's book and Connor's book. Like, yesterday. Thanks!

View all my reviews

No comments: