Sunday, January 03, 2016

~FGBB REVIEWS~
Sweet Rome (Sweet Home Book 1.5) by Tillie Cole

“My body recognizes you as something that's good for me. My mind recognizes you as someone who's right for me, and my soul recognizes you as someone who is meant for me.”

6 STARS ALL OVER AGAIN… Roll Tide!!!!!!

So just so you know Sweet Rome is book 1.5 in the Sweet Home series and this entire book is told by Rome, himself. This one is essentially Sweet Home all over again, but with parts that we missed when experiencing it from Molly’s POV.

“Molly Shakespeare was going to kill me.”

I loved Sweet Home; I really really did, but being able to live this story all over again from Rome’s POV I found it even more intense. I felt everything just a bit more; I cried a bit more, I swooned A LOT more! I adore this couple, they have fought so unbelievably hard to get where they end up and for me, this time around I found myself becoming even more immersed in the story. I think it’s because I was totally emotionally invested in the story having the knowledge of what would happen next, maybe it wasn’t I’m not sure, but I cried this time and more than once.

“Why do you want me? I’m not good enough for you. You should get out now before it’s too late.”

Molly and Rome’s story hasn’t changed but what has, is that we now know exactly what that Alpha Hottie Footballer is feeling, how he thinks and what he’s really struggling with. Rome does not like to ever talk about his past, we do get pieces in Sweet Home, but in this book we re-live his childhood with him to an extent. I understood Rome in the first book, but in this book, I think my heart broke even more for him. He really is just as lonely as he admits to, and sometimes I think maybe even a bit more. He has such an incredibly huge heart, and when he loves, he loves with his whole being. He is incredibly loyal and protective of those he cares for. Molly is it for him, there is never a doubt, he is very very clear on this, he never waivers. His insecurities plague him a bit and he has issues that he needs to work through, but his devotion to Molly is never a question, but a certainty.

“It was the first night in a long time I slept through with nightmares…nothing on my mind but a certain damn cute brunette.”

While there is not A LOT of new material here, I am eternally grateful that Tillie decided to write this story, having now read Rome’s story I feel like I now have the complete story. I enjoyed this book just as much as the first, I never became bored and I drank in every single word, just as I did before. Rome and Molly’s story will never leave me; I’ll always remember that nerdy, beautiful girl with the big glasses and bright orange crocs and the handsome boy with an ego the size of Alabama and a heart just waiting to be healed and be taught how to love. Happily ever afters are one thing, but what Molly and Rome end up with, seems like so much more to me, and it’s all because of the journey that brought them there. Losing someone you love, being abused by the people that are supposed to love you more than anyone else, having something so rare and precious taken from you in the blink of an eye, all of these things are the reasons why this story is so emotional. It is what makes it so special and it’s also why it now has a very special place in my heart. Thank you Tillie for such a beautifully emotional story and wonderful characters, I loved it from beginning to end BOTH times.

“As she stood before me, I inched forward, gripping the nape of her neck, making her focus only on me and, pressing my forehead to hers, I whispered, “Hey Mol.” With that she relaxed, a tiny smile on those pink lips. “Hey You.” “You going to give me that lucky sweet kiss?” “If that’s what you want.” She had no idea how much. “It most definitely is.”
*SIGH* & *SWOON* 

1 comment:

Susan Gold said...

I absolutely Loved this book. I too gave it 6 stars. Tillie Coles "Sweet Series" is one of my favorites.