Sunday, January 03, 2016

~FGBB REVIEWS~

Sweet Home (Sweet Home Book 1) by Tillie Cole

“One day, my sweet girl, some lucky man will come and help you understand the very meaning 

of love. He will sweep you off your feet and show you what it is to place your heart in someone 

else’s care to willingly offer them the gift of your soul.”

~6 SWEET STARS~

“I never knew before tonight what it felt like to be wanted…just me for me.”

Molly Juliet Shakespeare has been alone in way or another for a very long time. She lost both of her parents at a very young age, and her grandmother, whom she was very close to as well shortly thereafter. She has found ways to cope with the loneliness and throwing herself into her studies and focusing on school has always been the most successful. Having tested out of high school a year early Molly, is exceptionally intelligent and she is now working towards her way to a PHD in Philosophy, for now she is attending University of Alabama, having already studied at Oxford. Men have never really been on her radar, having had only one boyfriend before, Molly is terrified of becoming attached to anyone. Losing those she loved so dearly at an early age has left her unwillingly to ever risk feeling that kind of loss ever again.

Romeo “The Bullet” Prince is the star QB for the Alabama Tide and he has no problem what so ever in attracting the opposite sex. On the surface Rome, has an easy and charmed life, but beneath the façade nothing could be further from the truth. Lonely, angry, frustrated Rome is in actuality struggling very hard just to keep his head above the ever rising current. The day that Molly and Rome cross paths for the very first time is a very important moment for both of them, and it changes everything forever. Together they are going to learn how to swim, instead of just treading water.


“I had no idea how long we kissed, but I thought my heart would leap out of my chest the longer it went on. He controlled, I obeyed, and we both basked in each other’s embrace.”

Sweet Home is a sweet and emotionally charged story about two incredibly lonely souls finding each other, falling irrevocably in love, and then battling to not lose each other in the end. It’s also a story about personal growth, standing up to those who threaten your happiness and wellbeing not matter the cost. I fell in love with both Molly and Rome from the very start, both characters having already survived so much before even finding each other that it made my heart ache. Tillie Cole gave us two people that were so incredibly real, it wasn’t possible to not feel for them. Their relationship is one for the ages, neither of them ever doubting their love for the other, yet always petrified of losing what they had only just found. Rome is trying to help Molly learn to deal with things head on, no running away and Molly is trying to teach Rome how to walk away from a fight, to control his inner rage. What they find in each other is something that neither of them ever dared to wish for, the other halves of themselves, soulmates. What makes this story a bit different and a lot addictive is the struggle, it seems unending. There are people who are dangerously unhappy about Molly and Rome’s new found love and they will stop at NOTHING to keep them apart.

“He’d shown me we were unbreakable. It was time to put that belief into practice.”

Molly and Rome’s story is one that I fell in love with, I’m sorry I didn’t have time to read this one earlier, because when I was able to finally begin it, I didn’t want to put it down. The writing is fantastic and the story engrossing, the romance is EPIC and the chemistry and heat between Molly and Rome, sweltering. Sweet Hope is such an incredibly sweet love story and yet it’s littered with heartbreak and loss, trauma and betrayal, secrets and lies. This is what makes it so addictive and powerful.

This is the first book in the Sweet Home series and I am diving directly into Sweet Rome, book 2, I’m hooked. I cannot wait to experience this story all over again from Rome’s perspective; I love him already so I’m willing to bet I’m going to fall even deeper under his spell. If you have not yet read this series, YOU NEED TO! If you love those love stories where the happily ever after is earned rather than given, you will adore this one. Rome and Molly are two people that have to travel to hell and back to find their happily ever after and that is what is makes it so much sweeter in the end.


“I was lost to him. I knew in that moment that things had categorically changed for me, that there was no going back to my pre-Romeo state. My body wanted what he offered and my heart wouldn’t allow me to resist.” 

No comments: