Wednesday, December 02, 2015

FGBB REVIEWS
Panic (Rook & Ronin Book 3) 
by JA Huss

5 STARS 
This is now one of my all-time favorite series. It's riveting and sexy, addictive and totally chaotic!

“You’re going to live, Rook. You’re going to live. You might not have the best life, but it will be better than this one. No matter how bad it is at first. Things will get better.”

Panic picks up shortly after Manic ends. We also get some real insight into Rook’s past with her ex-husband, John. The trauma that she experienced at this man’s hands is so much more than I ever could imagined and all of her issues now make a lot of sense. Rook has fulfilled her modeling portion of the contract with Shrike Bikes, and is now finishing up the reality series with Spencer and Ford. Their friendship deepens and yet Rook still has a lot of concerns regarding the men in her life’s past. She tells herself constantly that she doesn’t care, she doesn’t need to know, and yet it still nags at her. Her past is still haunting her in a very real way and it is becoming obvious to everyone but Rook that she needs to deal with it, face it and move on once and for all. Through it all Ronin, Ford and Spencer remain by her side, with the best intentions, well mostly, HAHAHAHA!

“You’re my life, Rook. You’re my future, but I’m not in a rush, babe. I’m not. I can wait, so just do your thing, OK?”

John is now out of the picture, or so it would seem for a time, but as we all know things are not always what they seem. Happily ever after is still just a bit out of reach, and it’s not going to be possible if Rook and Ronin do not deal with some of the issues they have been avoiding. I really enjoyed this book, but yet again Rook kinda made me want to throttle her, again and more than once. She’s still confused about her feelings toward Ronin, and after everything that they have been through together, she is willing to just give up and walk away. Ronin has been there for her since day one, and he seems to be the only one willing to fight for them. This drove me absolutely insane!!!!

“Ronin deserves a girl who is whole. He’s done so much for me that I owe him this. I owe him a whole girl who can accept his protection and love without constantly being afraid she’ll make the same mistake twice.”

That being said the book took a major turn near the end and when it was all said and done, I was so incredibly proud of Rook I wanted to hug her. She turned a major corner in this book and is now on the real road to recovery and finally moving on with her life. I absolutely loved how this book ended, it actually ended so amazingly that I didn’t want to read the next book because I was worried it would be all undone all over again.

“She is a force. And she’s not done yet, I can feel it. Hurricane Rook is just picking up speed.”

This series is beyond addictive, it’s twisty and dramatic, but it is also sweet and totally sexy! If you love your romance just a little different from the typical, you will devour this series! The personal growth in both Ronin and Rook will keep you totally riveted, but then you add in all sexy times and the conflict it makes it 100% unputdownable! This series has become one of my all-time favorites and I cannot recommend it highly enough! If you’ve never read a JA Huss book then this series is a perfect place to start, but be warned, once you start you will not be able to stop.

“Ronin may not be perfect, but he’s close enough for me. I want him, I love him, and he’s mine.”

Taught is up next and I’m a little nervous but I’m going to be brave, pull on my big girl panties and buckle up for what Julie has in store for me next!

No comments: