Saturday, April 12, 2014


 Pepper Winters
Destroyed




She has a secret.

I’m complicated. Not broken or ruined or running from a past I can’t face. Just complicated. 

I thought my life couldn’t get any more tangled in deceit and confusion. But I hadn’t met him. I hadn't realized how far I could fall or what I'd do to get free. 

He has a secret.

I’ve never pretended to be good or deserving. I chase who I want, do what I want, act how I want.

I didn’t have time to lust after a woman I had no right to lust after. I told myself to shut up and stay hidden. But then she tried to run. I’d tasted what she could offer me and damned if I would let her go.

One secret destroys them


6 Mind Blowing ✰✰✰✰✰✰ 

“Fight with honour, fight with discipline, fight with vengeance”  Destroyed – Pepper Winters

From the Goddess of Dark Romance/Erotica, Pepper Winters comes Destroyed and HOLY HELL what a ride. Grab a blanky, a gallon of wine, a case of chocolate and BIG box of Kleenex to read this one.

Hazel is a single mother struggling to deal with everyday life, while raising a very sick little girl. Hazel is willing to do WHATEVER it takes to save her baby girl, that’s a mother’s duty right? Hazel takes it to the limit, willing to sacrifice her own life, safety and happiness for Clara. The love of a mother for her child, truly has no boundaries.

“With fear and stupidity, I sold myself to him. Sold myself to a fighter who could sense my lies as easily as a fox senses a rabbit. I regretted it. I revelled in it. It destroyed me.”

Roan (Obsidian Fox) is a machine, not literally, but for the most part this is the case. He’s a machine and a deadly weapon all in one, that is, until Hazel makes the decision to walk into his beyond exclusive club one evening. All at once Roan is faced with emotions and desires he doesn’t have a sweet clue how to handle.

“Obsidian Fox was so much male it was terrifying. Not only handsome, he wore his flaws for the world to see and offered no apology”

Destroyed is unbelievably complex, dark, beautiful, brutal, sexy, and emotionally exhausting. Pepper Winters creates an entire world within her novels, and Destroyed is no exception to the rule. Characters so rich and vibrant, they are alive and real to me as a reader. This story is incredibly powerful, and affecting. I was left a blubbering hyperventilating  mess, ugly crying, swollen runny nose and eyes. I was a snotty mess. This the full strength of Destroyed at work. Raw and unapologetic there are no dark corners left unexplored in the world of Hazel and Roan. Roan and Hazel have their fair share of baggage and scars, as a matter of fact I’m not sure how either of them have survived the horrors of their pasts. This is the magically evil lure of this story, you feel so many things while reading, yet you have no hope of turning back once you have started down the path. I read this one, like I was possessed, finishing in the wee hours of the morning. Waking my husband up more than once with my uncontrollable sobbing. Pepper actually broke my heart more than once with Destroyed. That being said, in the end it was healed, still aching and sore, but healed all same.

I cannot even begin to put into words how hard I fell in love this book. If you have not yet discovered the pure, undiluted talented of Pepper Winters, you are missing out. Destroyed is one of my very favourite books of 2014, top 5 actually, and I cannot stress how much you need to read it.

✦✦ Be forewarned, Destroyed is not for the faint of heart, and this book does not do one ounce of fluffy. It is  however, marvelous in its darkness, loss, healing, love and pain ✦✦

“I wanted to hate him. I wanted to despise him. He hurt me. He used me. Again and again. But ultimately, I understood him. I forgave him. But I would never be able to save him.”




Pepper Winters wears many roles. Some of them include writer, reader, sometimes wife. She loves dark, taboo stories that twist with your head. The more tortured the hero, the better, and she constantly thinks up ways to break and fix her characters. Oh, and sex... her books have sex. 
She loves to travel and has an amazing, fabulous hubby who puts up with her love affair with her book boyfriends. 










No comments: