Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Review: The Opportunist

The Opportunist The Opportunist by Tarryn Fisher
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 He taught me who I was Stars

Okay, this book has to be a sick joke, right? Like, what in the hell did I just read. I liked it. I hated it. I have no idea how I should feel. These two people are crazy. I can't be the only one to see that. Actually, other than a select few, every single character seems to be crazy.

"I think that after the first time you give your heart away, you never get it back. The rest of your life is just you pretending that you still have a heart."

First loves can be intense. A whirlwind of emotion and turmoil and firsts. A whole lot of firsts.

But Caleb and Olivia have a different kind of love. Yes, it's all consuming and powerful and raw, but it is also obsessive and impulsive and destructive.

It's also beautiful in a fucked up kind of way.

"You will remember me every day for the rest of your life because I was the one and you threw me away."

These two have an unusual relationship, which is putting in nicely. I love their backstory--the way the met in college and how he pursued her. I have a serious thing for college Caleb. I may even have a thing for amnesia Caleb.

I'm not doing this for my career--despite what Caleb thinks. I'm doing this for the time he pulled over and refused to keep driving until I sang along with "Achy Breaky Heart," and for the time he kissed me on his bedroom floor, while holding my hands above my head. I am doin gthis because he still calls me Duchess.

More manipulations, more lies. It's seriously the perfect culmination of crazy. All in one book.

"Who owns you?"

Caleb Drake, you own me.

View all my reviews

No comments: