Sunday, January 22, 2017

Review: It's You

It's You It's You by Katy Regnery
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4 What is Bound Stars

I'm a fan. That's it. Jack Beauloup is a beautiful creature who loves deeply and remains loyal when he's being tested and pushed away and beaten down. Even when he is facing sure torture, he would do anything--well, almost anything--to save the one he loves, the life he's bound to.

Everything Jack has done for the past twenty years was for Darcy. How could she not see that? How can she push him away? Why would she want to cure the very essence of Jack? How could she want to erase the very part of him that binds the two together?

I enjoyed It's You more than this finale, but I think that's because the beginning of this book is a bit slow. Darcy and Jack aren't together, but they are forced to spend time with each other thanks to the threat of Lela. Jack is cold and indifferent towards Darcy while she tries to process her feelings about his nature. Jack is leaving the ball in Darcy's court. What will she choose? Will their binding survive?
"You are the strength of my life beating in my chest, and if you die, I die."

I mean, what's not to love here? With a proclamation such as that, I'd be a puddle on the floor. Isn't this the kind of love we're all searching for? The type of love that has you and your significant other willing to do anything--and I mean anything--to protect the other?

Darcy makes some difficult decisions and she makes me angry during this book, but eventually she fixes it. She makes me like her again and she becomes everything Jack needs. And everything he didn't think he could want.

I'd really love to see Katy Regnery take this paranormal further by giving us Willow and Amory. I mean, Willow isn't human so I'll go on record to say that I want more!

View all my reviews

No comments: