Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Review: The Fire Between High & Lo

The Fire Between High & Lo The Fire Between High & Lo by Brittainy C. Cherry
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 You’re My High Stars

Brittainy C. Cherry has done it again. She has managed to totally rip out my heart and then put it all back together. I don’t know how she does it, but I think it’s magic. Honestly. I laughed, I cried, and then I cried some more. The hurt and pain these characters endure is more than anyone should have to endure.

You never knew how good you had it until you saw how bad someone else did.

This is so true of life. You really don’t know how things are until you see them up close.

As it turned out, home wasn’t a certain place; home was a feeling from the ones for whom you cared most, a feeling of peace that calmed the wildfires of your soul.

Where is your home? How do you find your safe place--your home--when you are lost? How do you reconcile the emotions within with the emotions of others? Is there such a thing as peace? If home is where the heart is, what happens when that heart has been broken? Shattered?

Once, twice, three times, four…
High.
Low.
Heaven.
Hell.
Him.
Me.
Us.

Because sometimes watching two people come together can be beautiful.

“You’re my High. And you broke my fucking heart.” Pretty sure I cried when he said this. Then again, I cried for most of the book.

“If I come inside, I won’t be gentle,” he swore. “If I come inside, we don’t talk about anything. We don’t mention the past, we don’t discuss the present, and we don’t talk about the tomorrows. If I come inside, I fuck you. I fuck you hard. I fuck you wild. I fuck you to shut off my brain, and you fuck me to quiet yours. And then I leave.”

I love it when they talk dirty to me. The dirtier the better. This may not be the dirtiest I’ve heard, but Lo is dark and broody and he’s in pain. This is exactly what I need in my alpha.

“Put your clothes back on.”
“What? Why?”
“So I can take them off again.”



View all my reviews

No comments: