Monday, December 05, 2016

Review: Stoned

Stoned Stoned by Mandi Beck
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Stone Lockhart is the bad-ass rockstar that every woman wants. He's the rockstar that Willow once had. A drunken, drug-fueled stupor has Stone sending Willow on her way while he continues to live in the limelight, thinking nothing could touch him.

That all comes crashing down.

Stone ends up in rehab. This is when the story gets real. We see his hatred for himself and his hatred for others. We also see his love for Willow and his love for his family. We see how the drugs made Stone a dark, twisted version of himself. We also see glimpses of the man Willow fell in love with.

This story broke me. Is it hot and heavy? Yes. Is it painful and gut-wrenching? Yes. I could never tell if I was going to be flying high on the love and excitement that comes with a book or if I would be dragging through my tears because something unbelievable happened. Stoned has it all.



View all my reviews

No comments: