Sunday, December 11, 2016

Review: Mr. Match

Mr. Match Mr. Match by J.A. Huss
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 And my heart wants Oliver Shrike Stars

The fact I got to see another Shrike man is a blessing in and of itself. The fact that he's an artist just adds a nice little cherry to the top of my Shrike pie. Seriously, I cannot get enough of this family.

As soon as Julie announced that Mr. Match was--and is--Oliver Shrike, I knew I would do everything I could to read his story. And since Mr. Match is book 5 in the Misters series--and canNOT be read as a standalone--I knew I would read every single one of those men to get to Oli.
Oliver Shrike is tender and caring. Deep and complicated. He is poetry incarnate. There is not one damn thing about him that requires adjustment or modification. Not his temperament. Not his body. Not his mind.


It was totally worth it. The ride has been fantastic and I am sad to see this series come to an end (does it really have to end though? Can't we just throw another Mister in there? The Society started with six men--I'm thinking that needs to come full circle).

Anyway, Oli's blast from the past shows up on camera. He runs the Hook-Me-Up website with his sister, Ariel, and Katya Kaloshova puts her body on screen for Oliver. He knows it's her because his words are still marking her body. He knows it's her because he'd recognize her anywhere. He knows it's her and he knows she's come back for him.
Katya Kalashova is some of the worst news I've ever had the pleasure of fucking.


In one of the hottest self-pleasure scenes I've ever gotten to read, Oliver Shrike dishes out just enough to leave the reader wanting more. More Oliver. More sex. Gimme more...Gimme more. He may deliver this scene, but it isn't without direction to Kat. "Then stick two fingers in your mouth and suck them like you used to suck my cock."

Oli is a dirty, dirty man.
"What part of 'whatever you want' don't you get?"
"Katya,"
he says, mimicking my tone. "What part of 'I like a little fight' don't you get?"


Just like his dad.

And I can say that with a straight face. I can also say that this apple did not fall far from the artistic, muscular, amazing tree.
We are animals. We fuck like animals. Primal and intrinsic and primitive.
Katya gives just as good as she gets. She may be back in Oliver's life to do a job, but that doesn't mean she doesn't want the one thing that has ever made her happy. She wants Oliver and she is willing to do just about anything to make it happen. Hopefully. As long as her sister is safe, she will do what she can to get her HEA with Oli.
"I'm gonna make you beg for it, Shrike."


Yes, this book has sex. Yes, this book is hot. But there is more going on than just a hook-up. There's a reason this book cannot be read as a standalone when the previous four books can. There's a reason you go into this totally fucked up and asking yourself what could possibly happen next. How do this five men connect beyond that initial rape charge at Brown? What brings this men together? We were left with more questions than answers in Mysterious so WHAT HAPPENS?!

And if the brief moment all of the Misters were together in Mysterious wasn't enough for you, these men are all in this book. Every. Single. One. Perfect, Romantic, Corporate, Mysterious, and Match (obviously).
He's not the most pleasant guy when he's irritable. But then again, neither am I. Actually, now that I think about it, none of us are. Mac is pretty even-tempered. But the rest of us? All assholes.

"I think they're a bunch of dumbasses who think with their cocks."


And that is why I love these men. It's a weakness.

But really, why is Kat back after four long years? What does she need from Oliver? Is she there to destroy him or save him?
I will throw everything away to keep her. I will betray everyone I know.

I want more.
More lies, more betrayal, more deceit, more fucked-up beginnings that lead to more fucked-up endings.
Bring it on, motherfuckers. We're ready.

"The Misters are back, gentlemen. And as much as people would like to say they're not interested in our debauchery, they are. So let's give them the headline they've been waiting a decade for."


These men are all different, but all brought together under the same charges. That rape case at Brown, eleven years ago. Because it's been more than a decade since that one fateful night brought them all together. What was Match's role in that night? Why did he go down for something he didn't do? Why did any of them take the heat for that night? They all come together in this epic conclusion to a series that I could have never predicted. It was a wild ride, Ms. Huss, and I thank you for every minute of it.

You express me better than I express myself. You shall be more to me than my poem.

View all my reviews

No comments: