Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Review: Say You'll Stay

Say You'll Stay Say You'll Stay by Corinne Michaels
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 I wasn't ready for you then Stars

Shattered glass, shredded metal, and broken bones are what wait for me if I let my heart go back there.

This isn't my first time reading a Corinne Michaels book so I had a vague idea that my heart would be ripped from my chest and then stomped on. Well, she succeeded. Again. I think we're on book 6 and I've cried through them all. I don't know why I keep doing this to myself. Oh, right, because sometimes I love to cry.

He's the sun, the air, the beautiful touches of light that surround us. I want to live here with him forever. His arms envelope me, his love satiates me, and his voice comforts me. I know who I am when I'm with him.

Zach and Presley have a long history in a small town. Pres has only ever had eyes for Zachary Hennington and she thought they'd bet together forever. Why wouldn't she think that? They had their entire lives planned.

"I'm fully aware that I was the one who left. I live with that regret every damn day. But you fucking broke me."

They did have their lives planned, until things changed. Everything changes with a signature and Zach and Pres are no more. However, life must go on and each of these characters move on within themselves. They each find new relationships, they each find new purpose. Until that is shattered too.

I smile as I hold the reins and lean forward. My legs move with his gallop and I feel alive. My heart can't contain any pain as I fly. Each push of his legs sends me to a place where there is no sadness. No death haunting my thoughts, just air. The struggle to breathe lifts. All I am is free. Freedom breaks the chains that have bound me. Chains that have crippled me.

What happens when Zach and Presley are face to face again after more than a decade? Will the flame be reignited? Can they resist the pull between them? It's a beautifully written story of love and loss and heartbreak. It's a beautifully written story about family and hope and sadness.

Each time the sun rises, I choose whether or not to dwell in the darkness.


View all my reviews

No comments: