Tuesday, November 08, 2016

Review: Dirty Deeds

Dirty Deeds Dirty Deeds by J.L. Beck
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

3.5 I Crave You Stars

This is my first book by JL Beck and it won't be my last. I enjoyed the story. This is definitely a quick, hot, dirty office romance.

Chloe is down on her luck and has turned to her friends, Sadie and Cameron, to vent her frustrations. Cameron, being the awesome guy he is, goes to his good friend Ryan Nelson and presents him with the perfect way to get rid of his annoying assistant: hire Chloe.

Immediately Ryan is hesitant, but one look at Chloe has him changing his tune. Chloe isn't sure she wants to work for this arrogant prick, but a weird encounter has her rethinking the job.

"Keep pretending that you don't want me as much as I want you. You might be able to fool yourself, but you can't fool me."


This is very much an insta-love kind of story, but it's short and it has to be squeezed in so I can overlook it. Chloe fights this, she fights it as much as anyone who is attracted to her boss would fight it. She needs this job after all. She can't go around sleeping with her boss.

She wanted me. I just had to show her how much.


Without giving away this entire book, I'm just going to throw this awesome quote in here so you can see the awesome alpha-ness that is Ryan Nelson. Because he is all alpha.

"Sweetheart, if I wanted you right now, I could have you and I wouldn't need an ounce of alcohol to do it..." He leaned across the table, his lips mere inches from mine. "I mean, haven't I proved that already...when I took you against my desk the other day."


Fighting their attraction, coming together, shitty circumstances, and one stupid bitch later, these two find what they need. They find what they've been denying and fighting since they first saw each other.

"I want this. I want you. Forever."

View all my reviews

No comments: