Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Review: King

King King by T.M. Frazier
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Can someone tell me why I waited so long to read this book? Anyone? No. Okay, well, I'm not sure either, but I do know that I've been kicking myself since finishing this and now I have to fit in the rest of the series. And I have to do it before Preppy releases.

I don't have any fancy quotes or lines from this book because I listened to it and I don't realize the line is gold until it's over. So, there is no highlighting here, but I do know that I finished this book while on an airplane traveling to Vegas to meet the amazing TM Frazier. It was all I could do to not sob. I cried, yes, I cried, but not sobbing took some effort. I won't tell you why or how or what happened to land me in that public-crying place, but I will say Frazier made the ride completely worth it.

This book follows King and Doe. We meet Bear and Preppy in this book and for anyone following the indie romance community, you already know these characters have their own books, so it's awesome that we meet them in book one.

Doe is on the run. King has just been released from prison. Yep, King is one of those bad guys. Doe finds herself at his house looking to hookup with a biker. Her whore of a friend--I don't even remember her name--dragged her to this party and told her that her ticket to a warm bed and a roof over her head was to hook up with a biker.

Doe doesn't hook up with a biker. Instead she finds King. From there the book is perfect. They push and pull, they take and give, they love and they lose. Oh boy, do they lose. And that loss is heartbreaking.

I'm moving on to book 2 because I have to see what happens after that freaking ending! Seriously, who ends a book like that?! Thanks TM Frazier, for creating characters that make me feel.

View all my reviews

No comments: