Tuesday, February 23, 2016

 CONGRATULATIONS 
&
HAPPY RELEASE DAY LAUREN RUNOW!!
Black Widow is now LIVE!!!!

Title: BLACK WIDOW
Age Group: Adult
Genre: Dark Romantic Suspense
Cover Designer: Lauren Runow
Release Date: February 23, 2016

BLURB

Preston 
My wife’s dead. She killed herself right in front of me and it’s all my fault. My main goal now is to not mix my sexual needs with my emotional needs. Those are damaged forever. I bury my pain in a sex club that provides me an anonymous release. This way I never emotionally cheat on my wife. She was my forever. This is my right now.

Kamii 
You name it I’ve read it. I love my erotic novels. After my husband was murdered, this is the only excitement I get out of my lonely, pathetic, workaholic life. That is, until I met Becca with her invitation to join her for one of my wildest book fantasies. Now I can be whoever I want to be, where no one knows my past and will never be my future.

MY REVIEW (Brandi)

6 I'll show you crazy Stars

Where do I even begin with this book? First of all, there really should be a 6-star option. Lauren Runow knocks this entire thing out of the park.

Here's what I knew about Black Widow before starting:
There would be lots of sex. Multiple partner sex. HOT sex. The main characters each had their own issues (as is typical), but death is quite the issue and both main characters lost their partner.

That's it. I knew nothing else.

So, imagine my surprise when I opened this book to meet Preston and Kamii and I find that Kamii is a girl after my own heart?! Kamii loves to read, which is quite the coincidence because so do I!

...for me, the dirtier the better. Give me a good Contemporary Romance or Erotic novel and I'm in heaven.

How awesome is that? I say the exact same thing all the time. And I got exactly that from Black Widow. Kamii meets Becca at the gym and they become insta-friends. This is better than insta-love because we all know it's possible to meet that one person who you just click with and your friendship blooms. That's how it is for Becca and Kamii. The two become inseparable and soon enough Becca is introducing Kamii to a world that has only existed in her romance books. Until now.

What would you do if your new best friend introduced you to a sex club where all of your fantasies could become reality? I know what I'd do which is pretty much what Kamii does.

Preston has been heartbroken for awhile. Ever since his wife committed suicide, he has been determined to not mix sex with feelings. Before his wife jumped from the bridge, they had been indulging in some of Preston's fantasies--all of which could be found at a local sex club. What Preston thought was a way to fulfill his needs is what drove his wife crazy. She couldn't handle not being enough for her husband and decided that ending her life would be the better solution (this is not a spoiler, you read this in the blurb and it happens in the prologue). After his wife's death, he decides to open his own anonymous sex club. Identities are withheld and masks are worn, but the fantasies are indulged.

Kamii's first night at Bridge, the sex club Becca takes her to, is a 'watch-only' kind of night. Membership is required to participate and Kamii is unsure. Until Eros. Eros breaks down her inhibitions and the rest of the book is built on the relationship that takes place between these two in the club.

What Kamii doesn't know is that Preston is Eros. And Preston and Becca have been friends since they met in a club. Becca is Preston's right-hand man.


When tragedy hits--because tragedy has to hit--it isn't simply a case of a misunderstanding, it's big. And be prepared because it will ROCK YOUR WORLD. It's the kind of twist that you don't see coming. Up until this point, the book has been hot, fantastic sex. Lots of sex. Maybe this is when I should say that if you aren't open to m/f/m or foursomes, then you probably should walk away now. Don't even pick it up because this book is about exploring the other sides of sex--not just monogamous sex and not just one-on-one sex.

Anyway. After this hit, the hits keep coming. What started as a sex book quickly becomes a suspense. But the sex is still there. And it never loses it's hot factor.

Preston knows he wants Kamii and nothing will get in his way. Not the tragedy, not the sex club, not the fact that shit just keeps getting crazier and crazier. He will get Kamii.


"Really, how am I with you?" He puts his hands on my hips, pulling me even closer to him. "Your eyes darken when you're around me. Your lips part, dying for me to kiss them. Your breathing quickens and your body opens up to me, allowing me to do whatever I want. Like your body is mine."

Read this book. Read it now. Read it yesterday. Just. Read. It. It's hot, suspenseful, and well-written. I need more of these characters and I need more of Bridge.

"I am his. In this moment, I want nothing but to be whatever he wants me to be, as long as I get him in return."
GET IT NOW

GIVEAWAY (International)
 (10 winners) Masquerade mask, ebook, bookmark

MEET LAUREN...
Lauren Runow is the author of two Adult Contemporary Romance novels, Unwritten and Rewritten.
When Lauren isn't writing, you'll find her listening to music that speaks to her, at her local CrossFit, reading, or at the baseball field or skatepark with her boys. Her only vice is coffee, and she swears it makes her a better mom!
Lauren is a graduate from the Academy of Art in San Francisco and is the founder and co-owner of the community magazine she and her husband publish. She lives in Northern California with her husband and two sons.


STALK HER

NEWSLETTER  |  TWITTER  |   FACEBOOK  |  GOODREADS  |  INSTAGRAM

No comments: