Tuesday, January 19, 2016

CONGRATULATIONS & HAPPY RELEASE DAY Corinne Michaels!
Defenseless is now LIVE!!!



Meet Mark Dixon in Defenseless, the newest contemporary romance from Corinne Michaels!
Now Available!

AMAZON US  |  AMAZON CANADA  |  AMAZON UK  |  iBOOKS  |  B&N  |  KOBO



Blurb

My life is a secret.
His life is dangerous.

We’re both stubborn, calculating, and controlling.
Mark Dixon doesn’t know what he’s getting into. He doesn’t know his games could cost us our lives. I have to do what is necessary to keep us alive, and that means guarding my heart.
But I know I’m defenseless against him, and in the end, he’ll force me to surrender.


MY REVIEW

Defenseless is a 5 STAR READ it's super sexy, laugh out loud funny, smart, twisty, thrilling and mysterious!!!! I'm totally in love with Mark "Twilight" Dixon ♥♥♥♥♥ Corinne has really created something amazing with this book!


“Never has someone made me feel so desperate for them. I never lose control, never feel so lost, yet right now, I am. I’m raw, exposed, and completely vulnerable.” 

Defenseless is the newest book from Corinne Michaels, and it is part of the ongoing story we have already fell in love with time and time again. Defenseless is Mark “Twilight” Dixon and Charlie’s story. While this book is not directly linked to the previous books, I would highly recommend reading the Beloved, Beholden, Consolation and Conviction before beginning this newest book. The characters and relationships from all of the previous books are intertwined with this story and in order to enjoy it fully you will need the entire picture before you begin, it will only heighten the experience.

“Charlie isn’t the kind of woman you move on from. She draws you in with the brightness of her sun and then leaves you behind.” 

We met Mark, in the previous books in this ongoing series. He is one of Jackson’s best friends, has a SEAL background like the other men in the series, and he is exceptionally good at his job. We first meet Charlie at the very beginning of the book and as to how, we meet her, I’m not going to reveal that, you will have to read the book to find out for yourself. What I will say is that from the moment that Mark and Charlie meet, it is blindingly obvious that they are the perfect match for each other. Charlie is strong, independent, intelligent and extremely driven. She is not intimidated by men EVER, but when she first meets Mark Dixon; her usually unshakable, tough demeanor is shaken. Mark ignites a fire inside Charlie that unnerves her and makes her feel like she is out of control. When Mark first lays eyes on Charlie, he is captivated by the gorgeous and unflappable Charlie. Charlies gives just as good as Mark does, and she seems unaffected by his constant attempts at flirting. The woman has a seriously sharp tongue, she can smell b*llshit from a mile away and she is far from a pushover. 

“The pads of my fingers brush the stubble on his chin, “I wish, I whisper. “I wish I could let myself get lost in you.” 

Mark and Charlie’s chemistry is sizzling. Both of them are extremely devoted to their careers, and they both sincerely believe that they are the best at what they do. Mark is a little overbearing and in your face, but he is totally hilarious and he had me in stitches throughout the entire book. What makes this story even more addicting is Charlie’s responses and returning banter to Mark’s antics, I WAS HOWLING IN LAUGHTER!!!! But besides that there is suspense, thrills and danger! I loved it from the moment I began and was totally addicted right up to the end. My only complaint here, are you ready? IT ENDED!!! I was so into this book, it should have never ended! I’m really hoping that Corinne will give us another book about Mark and Charlie! *HINT HINT* PLEASEEEEEEEE! 

“Don’t hide that you’re human from me.” 

The writing is superb, which is a given, as that’s what you expect from this author. The story flows then builds to a fevered pitch and a dramatic conclusion; it’s just perfect from beginning to end. I loved the romance, the sexiness, the humor, the tension, and the emotion. I loved that both characters are equally strong, determined, and stubborn; neither was ever willing to surrender control to the other. Mark is definitely a super sexy Alpha, with a deliciously dirty mouth, but Charlie manages to keep up with him every step of the way. This book will appeal to everyone who enjoys emotional and intense romances, the whole story revolves around a constant power struggle between Mark and Charlie and it’s impossible to not fall in love with either of them or their story. Congratulations to Corinne for creating yet another story that is truly impossible to put down to take a break from, Defenseless is flawless.

“Love lets you see colors for the first time. It paints the world around you in vibrant hues, but once you think you’ve lost that love, it goes gray.”

Other books by Corinne

Beloved 

Beholden

Consolation 

Conviction

Meet Corinne...
Corinne Michaels is an emotional, witty, sarcastic, and fun loving mom of two beautiful children. She’s happily married to the man of her dreams and is a former Navy wife. After spending months away from her husband while he was deployed, reading and writing was her escape from the loneliness.

Both her maternal and paternal grandmothers were librarians, which only intensified her love of reading. After years of writing short stories, she couldn’t ignore the call to finish her debut novel, Beloved. Her alpha Navy SEALs are broken, beautiful, and will steal your heart.
STALK HER

WEBSITE  |  FACEBOOK  |  INSTAGRAM  |  TWITTER  |  GOODREADS  |  PINTEREST

No comments: