Friday, October 16, 2015

FGBB REVIEWS...

The Air He Breathes by Brittainy C. Cherry ~ AMAZON

I was warned about Tristan Cole. 
“Stay away from him,” people said. 
“He’s cruel.” 
“He’s cold.” 
“He’s damaged.” 
It’s easy to judge a man because of his past. To look at Tristan and see a monster. 
But I couldn’t do that. I had to accept the wreckage that lived inside of him because it also lived inside of me. 
We were both empty. 
We were both looking for something else. Something more. 
We both wanted to put together the shattered pieces of our yesterdays. 
Then perhaps we could finally remember how to breathe.


My Review 

6 STARS – A second chance romance that will engrain itself in your heart and soul.


“You know that place between nightmares and dreams? The place where tomorrows never come 

and yesterdays don't hurt anymore? The place where your heart beats in sync with mine? The 

place where time doesn't exist and it's easy to breathe?  I want to live there with you.” 

I saw this book being blasted all over Facebook and I one clicked it at first simply because of the book cover; I mean have you seen it??? Covergasm much?!?! Then I read the blurb and I could not wait to sink into it. I put it on my TBR and patiently waited for a time when I could read it, and Oh My God I’m so incredibly glad I did.

“Sometimes tomorrow never comes and you're only left with the memories of yesterdays.” 

The Air He Breathes is one of those books that is going to throw you into an emotional tailspin. The feels start from the very beginning, shattering your heart into little tiny unrecognizable pieces, weeping and sniveling like you’d lost someone you yourself love. The characters automatically worm their way into your heart and soul, just for the simple reason that they are so incredibly well written. They are real, every emotion, every thought, fear, and insecurity. You not only feel their losses and grief but their elation, you live it and through it. I fell in love with Elizabeth, Emma, Tristan, and Faye so hard. Their story, even more so, such unimaginable loss is hard to even fathom. The struggle to just live afterwards must feel like the equivalent to climbing Everest.

“You don’t have to be good all the times. It’s okay to be hurt sometimes. It’s okay to feel lost like 

you’re wandering around in the dark. It’s the bad days that make the good ones so much better.” 

Somehow throughout the course of the story I had my heart broken like 10 ten times, then immediately afterwards I would be laughing so hard I had a different kind of tears running down my face. It was a ride that was truly exhausting and wonderful at the same time. By the time I crossed the finish line, I was emotionally spent. The prose was astounding it made taking a break or walking away inconceivable. You’ll need a block of time specifically set aside to read before you go into this book, you MUST read it in one sitting. It’s going to make you feel in ways you may not have known you were capable of. The emotions that flow throughout are pure, raw, and tough to read at some points, but it’s so worth it in the end. Every tear, every sniffle, every lump in your throat, the struggle to breathe through the agony of loss, WORTH IT!  The story was brilliant and inspiring, I will not go into details because that would ruin some of the magic, but I found myself reading it and wondering how I would cope with such tragedy and then aspiring to be like Tristan and Elizabeth. Somehow through the pain, they found the will to take their next breaths, and that alone deserves admiration in my mind.

“Even though I was death, she took the time to resuscitate me. She breathed life back into my 

soul. She brought me back from the shadows.” 


“You’re beautiful. You’re a beautiful, broken kind of monster.” 

The Air He Breathes is going to take you into a world where the struggle is real, all of it, from start to finish. It’s unrelenting in its quest to make you feel, feel and feel some more. One of the best books that I’ve had the pleasure of reading this year, maybe even ever it’s made me an instant fangirl of Brittainy’s and I will be adding all of her other books to my TBR this very second. If this book has not yet caught your eye, or landed on your TBR and e-reader it needs to right now. Don’t think, just do it. When you go in, get yourself a big fuzzy blanket, a comfy chair, a BIG box of Kleenex, chocolate and alcohol, I recommend wine, but that’s because I love my wine ALMOST as much as I love my books. Once you’ve read it do everyone a favor and leave a review. Tell your friends, tell strangers, tell everyone, because this book deserves it and the author deserves it for creating such a beautiful and emotional experience. I didn’t just highlight lines in this one, I highlighted entire scenes, pages even, (over 100 btw) just so that I could re-visit them and feel all over again… yeah I’m that guy, NO JUDGING!

“Show me the part of you that you try to keep buried. Show me 

where it hurts the most. I want to see your soul.”


Other Books by Brittainy C Cherry

Loving Mr. DanielsAMAZON
To Whom it May Concern, 
It was easy to call us forbidden and harder to call us soulmates. Yet I believed we were both. Forbidden soulmates. 
When I arrived to Edgewood, Wisconsin I didn’t plan to find him. I didn't plan to stumble into Joe's bar and have Daniel's music stir up my emotions. I had no clue that his voice would make my hurts forget their own sorrow. I had no idea that my happiness would remember its own bliss. 
When I started senior year at my new school, I wasn’t prepared to call him Mr. Daniels, but sometimes life happens at the wrong time for all the right reasons. 
Our love story wasn’t only about the physical connection. 
It was about family. It was about loss. It was about being alive. It was silly. It was painful. It was mourning. It was laughter. 
It was ours. 
And for those reasons alone, I would never apologize for loving Mr. Daniels. 
-Ashlyn Jennings

Art & SoulAMAZON
I had always been the invisible art student in high school. 
Passed by. Glossed over. Unnoticed. 
Now I was Aria Watson…that girl. 
After one bad decision, and being labeled a slut, I was no longer unseen. I was the whore. The ignoramus. The tramp. 
I would never be invisible again. 
Particularly to Levi Myers. He was the odd boy with the beautiful soul who accepted and understood the broken girl inside me. 
Falling in love wasn’t the plan. But how could I resist his promises of hope? Of forgiveness? Of a future I had stopped dreaming of? 
We were shattered. We were scarred. We were something strange and beautiful. 
We were two lost souls holding on to the only thing that could keep us together. 
Each other. 

The Space in BetweenAMAZON
***Author's Debut Novel*** 
WARNING: The following story contains mature themes, strong language, and sexual situations. It is intended for readers 18+ older. 
She’s scarred by her past. 
ANDREA EVANS is traumatized and guilt-ridden by the death of her fiancée. Tired of the gossiping small town, she travels to New York City to pursue her dream of dance. 
He’s uncertain of his future. 
COOPER DAVIDSON is a famous photographer and reality television star trying to flee from his own life filled with paparazzi, mental health clinics, and a cheating wife who is pregnant. 
When Andrea and Cooper’s paths cross, they realize how damaged and in need of escapism they both are. The two create an arrangement to explore the space in between chaos and order with one another. The rules are simple—no emotional connections, no talking about the past, no speaking of the future, and when one finds order, the other walks away. 
All is well until Cooper accidentally falls in love with Andrea.

Our Totally Ridiculous Made Up Christmas Relationship  AMAZON
All families have secrets, and Jules Stone’s is no exception. Deciding not to follow in her family's Oscar-winning footsteps, Jules chooses to take a more behind-the-scenes career in one of the Top 10 Talent Agencies in Chicago. After being dumped five hours before spending Christmas with her dysfunctional family, she needs a plan to avoid their judgmental eyes. 
Enter: Kayden Reece. 
Kayden is the black sheep of his family, being the one actor drowning in a world of doctors and lawyers. Never really getting a jumpstart at his acting career or landing a big time role, he can feel his dad’s disappointment soaking into his spirit. 
When Kayden gets a chance to meet and sign with a big name agent at Walter and Jacks Talent Agency, he’s ready to prove everyone wrong. Jules stumbles into the building in shambles, ugly crying, and begging to pay an actor a big sum of money to be her made-up boyfriend for five days, Kayden jumps at the opportunity—finally able to say he landed a role. 
When secrets start to unravel, Kayden and Jules must learn that all families have their baggage, sometimes co-stars fall in lust, and it’s important to always have invisible mistletoe hanging around. 
This holiday season join the two fake lovebirds as they partake in the role of a lifetime.

No comments: