Wednesday, April 08, 2015

Title: Swoon
Author: CM Foss
Release Date: April 2, 2015
Find on Goodreads

Steph

I’ve never been your typical girl. I didn’t grow up in a warm fuzzy family, and emotions weren’t something I needed now. Love has never been something I could wrap my mind around, so why bother? I know what I’m good at. I’m a great friend, have a passion for healing others, and a way with horses. I can be all those things at the same time without ever discussing my own feelings.
Until him.

Lawrence

I’ve always been told I have a way with words. It’s one reason I manage the family business so well. I can wine and dine with the best of them, selling bloodlines and high-priced stallion services over a five-course dinner. I’m able to talk myself into or out of just about anything and anyone.
Until her.

****

Young and carefree, living worlds apart, they indulged in what seemed like the perfect fling.

Until Lawrence decided he wanted more.

Until Steph’s careful world fell apart.

Until they had to decide if love was worth the fight.


Swoon – CM FOSS

5 Steamy, Swoony, Sassy Stars

Swoon is the second book from author CM Foss, and it serves as a companion, standalone novel to Shiver. Both books can be read without having read the other, as they feature the same characters but the stories are independent of each other. Shiver focused on Lissa and Ethan, Swoon is Steph and Lawrence’s story.

“She’d ruined me. And she would never let it happen again. So she said.”

Steph and Lawrence meet through their mutual friends, Lissa and Ethan in book one Shiver and while we got a hint of their attraction to one another, in Swoon, we are treated to the full length feature. Lawrence and Steph have a mutual friendship, it’s sassy, quirky, funny, and their chemistry is off the charts! Hot! Holy Sexual Tension Batman! They have this wonderful banter and respect for each other that makes their story incredibly entertaining. Reading these two verbally and mentally sparring with each other, was hilarious. Steph is totally independent, stubborn, sensitive, and totally in awe of this man from Kentucky. Lawrence is sweet, sexy, a family man, caring and complete over the moon, crazy about this woman who seems indifferent to all of his charms.

“It’s never just sex, sweetheart. Never has been.”

Their story plays out over the course of 2 years, pushing and pulling, waiting and yearning, fighting and making up. What’s wonderful here is that this was not an instant HEA; in fact I thought they were NEVER GONNA GET THERE!!! Steph would push, Lawrence would walk away, Lawrence would push, and Steph would walk away. It drove me batty! But that’s what I loved most about Swoon. These two battled a lot in order to find out that in the end, they were it for each other, they are each other’s one. I love a love story that makes the characters work for it, and Foss really made these two struggle for it.

“Four frigging months later I was still thinking about that kiss. Every. Single. Day. It had thrown me off balance, and I hadn’t quite regained my equilibrium.”

Swoon, is well written, it’s sweet, sexy, fun, a little sad, romantic, and a whole lot funny. I loved Steph and Lawrence’s antics, their dialogue was hilarious! They gave each other such a hard time, neither of them really willing to give the other the upper hand. But when they both finally had their “Ah Ha” moment, I dropped my kindle and did the happy dance. If you like your romance with some sexy times, humour, heart and angst, Swoon will leave you more than a little satisfied! I highly recommend Swoon it was a great way to spend an afternoon. Steph, Lawrence, Ethan and Lissa are guaranteed to keep you entertained for hours, laughing, swooning, and cursing all the way to the end.

“Falling ain’t nothing. It’s just falling with style.”





Ten minutes later, I had to walk back through the kitchen to get some laundry from the dryer in the mudroom. I had a towel wrapped around my waist and that was it. Steph’s eyes followed me, her eyebrows raised as she sipped on a glass of wine and lazily stirred whatever was in the pan. I winked as I passed by.
I returned a minute later dressed in sweatpants and a T-shirt. 
She was still in the same position. “That was indecent.”
“What? The towel?”
She pursed her lips and nodded.
“Sweetheart, you’ve seen me in less. And what we’ve done together could never be considered decent. You’re lucky I was covered at all.”
She laughed loudly, taking another long sip from her glass and turning back to the stove. 
I reached into the fridge for a beer and popped it open. “Sure you don’t need me to help?”
She responded without turning around. “Nope. Why don’t you find something on TV to watch and I’ll bring dinner in just a sec.”
I nodded as I walked to the living room, really just to myself since she wouldn’t look at me. Sighing heavily, I sank down on the couch and closed my eyes for a moment. I’d lied earlier. I was tired. Not only was I pulling long hours in the saddle, but I’d been spending most of my free time on the phone with clients from home. A couple of them were causing problems, and my dad needed me to talk them off the ledge. It’s what I excelled at.
I was startled awake by the sound of a plate being set on the table in front of me and the feel of the couch dipping as Steph sat down, smirking.
“Gosh, you need to get in better shape.”
“Shut up,” I muttered as I sat up, rubbing my hands over my face. At least now she seemed infinitely more comfortable in her own skin since she had something to tease me about. “I was just resting my eyes.”
“You were snoring.”
“I was not.” I started to laugh.
“Totally snoring.”
“I don’t snore,” I insisted. 
“How would you know? You’re sleeping.”
“Someone would have told me.”
“No girlfriend would ever mention it,” she pointed out.
I shook my head. “I wasn’t talking about a girlfriend.”
“No one-night stand would ever mention it.”
“You just did!”
There was a moment of silence after I blurted that out. Steph’s eyes were wide, but when they met mine, we both erupted into laughter, doubling over, shoulders shaking. My stomach actually hurt by the time we were finished. Steph wiped under her eyes and I took a deep breath, relaxing back into the couch with a sigh.
“Let’s face it,” she said. “I’m more than just a one-night stand.”

I live in beautiful Northern Virginia with my incredible husband, two awesome kids, three dogs, and two budgies. My husband and I both grew up riding and competing horses and have our own equestrian operation that we run together. In my spare time, I read through the hundreds of stories awaiting me on my e-reader.
My love of books started early, and my mom used to ration my reading time so I didn’t go through them too quickly. I love all things romantic, whether it’s dark or light or silly or dirty, but I really love a happy ending!
In my small moments of quiet time, you’ll find me sipping on wine and reading while any movie where people randomly burst into song or dance plays in the background.

HOSTED BY

No comments: