Tuesday, July 08, 2014




"I can easily divide my life into two parts—before her and after."

Hudson Pierce has led a life few others could even imagine. With money and power at his fingertips, he's wanted for almost nothing. He's never experienced love, however, and he's seen few examples of it in his dysfunctional family. The ridiculous notion of romance has always intrigued him. He's studied it, controlled it, manipulated it, and has yet to understand it.

Until he meets Alayna Withers.

Now, the games he's played in his quest for comprehension can finally come to an end. Or are they just beginning?

Told from his point of view, Hudson fills the holes in his love story with Alayna Withers. His past and relationship with his long-time friend Celia is further revealed and light is shed on his actions during his courtship with Alayna. 







6 Captivating Stars. Hudson is not to be missed

Let me start out by saying, Hudson Pierce. That’s right ladies; one of the most fantabulously sexy, alpha males ever to grace our presence is back ;) Hold onto your panties ladies…
One of my all time favorite couples is back in this new novel by the glorious and fantabulous, Laurelin Paige. From the moment I began the journey into the Fixed series, I have been captivated, and fan girling over Laurelin, so it goes without saying that when I found out, we were getting yet another book in the series, I was flailing and squealing like a 13 year old girl at a One Direction concert.
When I began Hudson, it became apparent pretty quickly that even though I have read the entire Fixed series MANY times, Alayna’s and Hudson’s story was not yet finished and I didn’t know the whole story, not even close. Having written Hudson, Laurelin Paige not only gives us more of what we have been begging her for, as crazy, overzealous fans, but another full length novel told entirely from H’s perspective. Perspective is key here, because it is truly and totally amazing what a difference it makes in an already unforgettable story. I was completely enthralled by how each person perceives themselves and others, how this can totally alter a story and how you as a reader, perceive characters you have already fell head over heels in love with. I love both Alayna and Hudson, flawed, a little broken, and neither perfect, but above all, strong. They are both strong and stubborn to a point that is infuriating and perfection at the same time.
I devoured some of my favorite scenes that we were able to revisit from H’s point of view. The insight and back story we are we are given from Hudson, regarding his past, are fascinating and left me constantly wanting more. Hudson’s relationships and history with Jack, Mirabelle, Sophia, and yes of course the wicked witch of the west, Celia are revealed in much more depth.  Secrets and true motivations are admitted. I no longer needed to agonize over Hudson’s thoughts and motivations because I was finally experiencing them, just as I had experienced Laynie’s in Fixed, Found, and Forever.
Laurelin did the impossible here; she kept Hudson fresh, sexy, perfectly paced, and flawlessly written. How often do you see series being written from a different POV in effort to give the fans more, when they are begging for it? Lately, quite often actually, it’s become a trend in the industry. Hudson is the best one I have read to date. With a perfect balance of emotion, romance, seduction, heartache, and drama to keep your interest peaked, Hudson is a brilliant read. Diehard fans of this series will undoubtedly beg, plead and clamour for more, but if this should be the last installment in Laynie and H’s love story, I can honestly be left with goose bumps, crying, overwhelmed, and satisfied that they have finally been given their well beyond deserved happily ever after…


 My Favorite Passage… SWOOOOOOOOOOOOOON
“Alayna Withers changed everything for me. I can easily divide my life into two parts—before her and after. The person I was in that time long ago and the person I became when my eyes first found hers.
Though that isn’t entirely accurate. Before her I never really lived. So there is only after.
I begin and end with her. It’s as simple and as profound as that. Our worlds have entwined and wrapped around each other completely. They’ve shaped into something new and fixed and whole. There is no longer her story or mine, but now and always only ours.” – Hudson

Laurelin Paige you have solidified your Goddess status in my world and I adore your work.


AH EFFIN MAZING!!

Laurelin outdid herself with this one. What was supposed to be a novella, turned into Laurelin's longest novel yet. I was totally in love with the first 3 books in the Fixed Trilogy, but this one... this one out-shined all the others. Being in Hudson's head was just what I needed and it brought clarity to my man, Huddy. (My name for him, you can't steal it) All of my favorite characters are back, even the ones I love to hate...that bitch, Celia, and the wicked mother, Sophia. 
You will not want to miss out on this one. If you haven't read the first 3, read them... and then relish and savor Hudson. He's absolutely amazing!








No comments: