Sunday, June 15, 2014

Jay McLean is the author of the More Series, including More Than This, More Than Her, More Than Him and soon to be released, More Than Forever. She also has two standalones coming soon titled The Road, and Combative.
Jay is an avid reader, writer, and most of all, procrastinator. When she's not doing any of those things, she can be found running after her two little boys, or devouring some tacky reality TV show.
She writes what she loves to read, which are books that can make her laugh, make her smile, make her hurt, and make her feel.





 FGBB ~ I will just start by saying that I fell head over heels in love with the More series from chapter one. I devoured More Than This in less than 2 days and eagerly await each every new chapter you grant us readers to. The More series has become one of my all time favorite series reads, it’s actually top 5 *wink*. So it is with great shock and anxiety that I attempt to ask questions to a lady I have come to adore and obsess over *fangirling* *crazy Muppet arms*

FGBB ~ Was More than This the first book you had ever attempted to write? If so, where did the inspiration come from?

JAY ~ I can't really say that anything 'inspired' me to write. I only started reading just under two years ago, before that I never really fell into it. One day I opened my laptop and just started typing. Two weeks later, I had 76k words down. I had no intention of publishing it, and I told no one about it. Here I am, almost a year  and five books later…

FGBB ~ How long did it take you to get from chapter 1 page 1 to hit publish with More than This?

JAY ~ I started writing on June 14th. Finished June 30th, and hit publish July 10th.

FGBB ~ The characters in the More series, are beyond fabulous, are they all based on people you know, or are the 100% make believe?

JAY ~ I think there's an element of myself and some people references to some good friends. In More Than Him, I had a lot of quotes and stuff from my conversations with my bestie, Debbie. We met through her reading my books and an amazing friendship formed. She was the one that inspired eleventy three, blowfish jobs, and Jamal.

FGBB ~ How do you motivate yourself to write? And if you get stuck or blocked how do you push through?

JAY ~ I get stuck a lot. My main thing is to just lie in bed and think about future scenes. I also have to write first thing in the morning, before I check all emails, eat, pretty much see my family. Haha.


FGBB ~ Do you set up a story before you begin writing? Or do you just go with the flow??

JAY ~ I have a general story, or at least the main plot, but I don't plot out the entire storyline. I can plan maybe three chapters ahead, but I can barely ever stick to them.

FGBB ~ I love Jake and Kayla, Logan and Amanda, and I CANNOT wait for Cam and Lucy’s story, do you think that this series will continue on? Could we convince you to keep going??? Whatever is takes J

JAY ~ Haha! I know that when I say goodbye to the More world, it's going to be a sad day. I don't think that I could keep the stories going, if anything I might post a couple of scenes here and there for free on my website just for readers to enjoy. But I have another full novel, and then a novella and I think I'm done. BUT—that's not to say that there aren't characters you'll meet in More Than Forever that won't get their own spinoff series. Just sayin'.

FGBB ~ Out of all of the characters you have created, who is your favorite and why?

JAY ~ You can't make me choooooose!!! I won't do it.

FGBB ~ Are you as emotional while writing as we are while reading?

JAY ~ Yes. I sob like a little bitch. I've never cried as much as I have than when I was writing More Than Forever.

FGBB ~ Who are your author heroes? Who makes you Fan Girl?

JAY ~ Colleen Hoover and Tijan. I pissed my pants when Tijan messaged me one day asking to meet Drunk Lucy in real life. I swear it, I squealed! Now, it's a little weird because we've become such great friends. CoHo on the other hand, all I could do when I met her was cry. Legit, cry.

FGBB ~ What has been the most rewarding and effecting about becoming a complete rock star to your legions of adoring fans?

JAY ~ Holy crap you make me sound a lot better than I am! I think the most rewarding thing has been meeting friends for life and fucking oceans<- that's what we say because we live oceans apart. I feel blessed for having such an amazing reader base. My readers own my heart. I can't put into words what that support means to me. And I'm writer—it's my job to find the words—but when it comes to my readers and their passion for my More world, no words exist.

~ FGBB ~ Random side note -> We have fans on the page that love you so much they want to dry hump you, LOL! Inappropriate much? Awkward?? Still LMAO…
I personally think that this series could continue indefinitely just like the With Me in Seattle series by Kristen Proby… I LOVE IT THAT MUCH!!! All of the fans of this series would agree I guarantee it <3 Think about it Jay, think about it...



JULY 12th

DECEMBER 2014

LATE 2014


                 Twitter and Instagram   Facebook   Fan Group   Google +   Pintrest










No comments: