Wednesday, May 21, 2014


Growing up the way I did, you’d think I’d be more screwed up than what I actually am.
Soon as I turned sixteen, I left that bump in the road I called home and took my chances on the street.
Best decision I ever made.
Now, at the age of twenty six, I’m educated, employed and damn good at my job.
My friends have become my family. Like me, they know what it’s like to grow up unloved.
But the saying is true.
The world makes way for those who know where they are going.
That’s me.
I know where I’m going and I’ll get there eventually. On my own terms and at my own pace.
But then there’s him.
I feel his eyes on me. I see him hiding in plain sight. He watches me.
He makes me feel.
It’s unconventional.
But it’s real.
I’m sure you’re wondering how a person falls in love with their stalker.
So am I.
This isn’t a story.
This is my life.

Raw ~ Belle Aurora ~ 5 Heart Ravaging  
**** (Mild Spoilers In Review)****

“You’re nobody ‘til somebody loves you.”

At 1am in the morning after a very long day Belle Aurora broke my heart. After becoming completely absorbed and obsessed with finding the silver lining in a very dark, disturbing and entrancing love story.  Raw is unconventional and pure in its honesty.  Lust, animalistic passion, revenge, ultimate betrayal, secrets,  traumatic pasts,  all converge  in this compelling, heart pounding read.

“Not everyone can be a fairy-tale hero.” He pauses a moment, then adds, “The world needs villains too.”

Alexa Ballentine is a young woman who has not had the easiest life; she’s suffered and struggled but persevered and risen above her past. A successful career in an area she is beyond passionate about, her life is good. She has wonderful friends that love her, support her and make her laugh. However she also has a stalker. A stalker she has come to accept as part of her everyday life. She feels him when he is near, and almost welcomes the security and feeling of safety he instills in her. One tragic night changes everything. Her stalker becomes her saviour and everything within her balanced life is upended.

“Monsters don’t always lurk in the shadows.”

Twitch watches from afar, this woman he has become obsessed with. He’s violent, ill tempered, domineering and all kinds of risqué. The ultimate bad boy, beyond dangerous, cruel at times, and emotionally cut off. I thought of him, very much like a caged animal, biding his time, waiting to be freed from his self imposed cage. Twitch warns us all that he isn’t the hero in this story; I just never saw some of his betrayals coming.  I completely understood every ounce of the uncertainty and confusion raging within both Lexie and Twitch. I was torn between hatred and rapture.

“Sometimes, when you look close enough at a person hoping to find clarity, the image of that person becomes so hazy, so distorted, that all you’re left with is unclear thoughts and more questions. This is what happens when I try to understand Twitch.”

Raw is in no way traditional, it goes way outside the box. Actually there is no box here. Belle Aurora colored way outside the lines when pouring her soul out on these pages. Provocative and jaw dropping in many places, I was fascinated, disturbed, intrigued, livid, uncomfortable and yes titillated by this story. The characters, flawed, and yet pure. Honest and yet deceitful. But above all, unrestrained. It’s confusing all of the emotions you feel while within the pages of Raw. I was emotionally drained at the end, and ruined. Belle broke my heart, after taking such an emotional journey with these characters, I was left bereft in the end. I did not see the train wreck that was the last 25 or so pages coming. I was sobbing and devastated with the way it ended. I need there to be another installment. I NEED IT. This story cannot end here, I refuse to accept it. I cannot even express how many feels I had while consuming Raw. Simply put, if you can enter the world of Lexi and Twitch with a non-judgmental, open mind, I swear you’ll fall in love with this story. Let Belle break your heart, you’ll thank her once you have recovered.  Reading Raw is truly like throwing yourself down the rabbit hole.

“I warned her. And I meant what I said. She will never want anyone else after I’m through with her. And after I’m through with her. I’ll leave. And never look back.”
Belle Aurora is twenty six years old and was born in the land down under.
At an early age she fell in love with reading. Boredom one summer had her scouring the bookshelves at home. She stumbled across Sandra Brown's Breath of Scandal and fell in love with romance.
Having been brought up in a loud and boisterous family of Croatian descent, she developed a natural love for dramatics and humor. Only some years ago had she discovered a new love.
Humorous romance novels.
Kristen Ashley and R.L. Mathewson had opened a brand new world where she could lose herself yet feel safe and at home in their stories. Belle has been known to become a screeching banshee while anxiously awaiting their newest titles.
Belle never thought she would write. It had never interested her until recently. Friend-Zoned began to form and in February 2013 Belle typed the words Chapter One. And she fell in love.
With words.
With writing.
With a creative imagination she never knew she harbored.
Friend-Zoned is the first in the Friend-Zoned series. Keep an eye out for this cheeky author.








No comments: