Tuesday, April 29, 2014





Their love had the power of a runaway freight train, and the potential to be just as destructive. 

The tempestuous sequel to Bad Things picks up where the first book left off. Reeling from a profound loss, Tristan and Danika struggle to pick up the pieces and build a life together, but the hard habits of a lifetime are not so easy to escape. 

Rock Bottom takes us on a dual point of view journey through addiction and desire, through love and agony, and answers the question we’ve been asking since these characters were introduced in Grounded: “What happened between Tristan and Danika?” 

DANIKA 
Even love couldn’t cushion a fall like ours. My love for Tristan was so big that I felt consumed by it, and even so, it was not enough to overpower our combined demons. 
I struggled. I yelled and screamed. I scratched and kicked. 
I fought like hell, but even the most determined fighters have to stop before they break. 
No one could say I didn’t fight for him. 
“I love you,” I spoke softly into his ear. 
He gripped me harder. “I can’t ever lose you, Danika. I’m not sure I’d survive it.” 
“You’ve got me. And I’m not going anywhere. Not ever.” 
I meant the words when I said them, but life had other plans for us. 
I’d have given my life for that fight. In fact, I very nearly did. 

TRISTAN 

She was the one. 
If I’d ever had a doubt, I didn’t now. She was the one I’d be thinking about, longing for, until I took my last breath. If I lost her tomorrow, I’d pine for her like a lovesick fool. 
This was the kind of love that only hit you once in your life. 

This book is intended for readers 18 and up


My Review

5 Heartbreaking, Gut Wrenching Stars ★★★★★

“Every misstep that led us down the path to our destruction was our own doing, but to this day, I still hated that guitar.”

Let me just start out by saying, Rock Bottom is aptly titled. I fell in love with Tristan and Danika in Bad Things and I started reading Rock Bottom right after finishing it. This second book is angsty, emotional, heartbreaking and brilliantly written. Oh and still amazingly sexy *wink* *wink* *grin*…

I love a story that has flawed characters, I love drama, and I love the struggle to overcome what seems impossible. I always root for the underdog, it’s who I am. Tristan is most definitely the underdog in Rock Bottom. He has enough baggage for 3 people, and issues to boot. But even at his lowest points, I never once doubted his unwavering love for Danika. Danika is still the feisty, independent woman we fell in love with in Bad Things, but that changes throughout the story. She is so completely in love with Tristan, its clouding her judgment, and resulting in her making some very bad decisions.

Love Is Blind. Right?

Love is completely blind in Rock Bottom. I was a sobbing teary, snotty nosed mess, on more than one occasion. Yes, I am an emotional reader. No Judging. If you love reading books that evoke strong and powerful emotions, that are fantabulously written, with scorching hot sex scenes and a dirty mouthed Alpha Rock Star for the male MC, I highly recommend Rock Bottom. I have now reached official Fan Girl status for R.K. Lilley’s work. I love her style, her prose, her humour, her characters and her stories. They leave you always wanting more. Her books have an ensemble cast and even though the story is focusing on two people, you become engrossed with the supporting characters as well. I would love to see a book about Frankie. I freaking love that woman. I do have a suggestion though, when you one-click Rock Bottom, make sure you one click Lovely Trigger directly afterwards, because you’ll NEED to read the third and final installment in Tristan and Danika’s beautifully painful story.

R.K Lilley Gives FanF*ckingTastic Book!


life was not about getting what you wanted, it was about living with what you needed.”






BOOK THREE: TRISTAN & DANIKA 

THE IMPACT 
Tristan hit rock bottom, and no one felt the impact harder than Danika. She was forced to see, in the most brutal of ways, that love does not conquer all. Bruised, bloody, and broken she had to walk away. 

THE AFTERMATH 

Picking up the pieces of your life after a tragedy is a daunting prospect, and that’s considering you still own all of the pieces. But what if you don’t? What if someone else owns those pieces, and those pieces are a part of your soul? 
You dig deep and work with what you’ve got. 
That’s what Danika told herself and believed, every single day, for years. 
Tristan and Danika’s love had failed every test that life had thrown at them. She couldn’t forget that, not for one second. And if those tests had been overly harsh, well, she wasn’t one to wallow in self-pity. The failure was the thing she had to focus on. The failure was the lesson. She had no intention of working so hard to make it out of hell without learning that lesson well. 

THE REUNION 
Over six years after the night that changed everything, Danika finds herself forced to spend the weekend constantly in Tristan’s company, as they attend the wedding of two of their dearest friends. It’s been long enough that she feels they can be friendly again without it destroying her peace of mind, but just a small amount of time in his presence has her remembering something she had forced herself to forget: There’d been a reason she’d gone through hell with this man, for this man, some true good to precede the bad. 
She shocks herself by quickly giving in to a hunger that she never imagined could still consume her. 
Even the best intentioned denial has a breaking point. 

 
After everything that’s happened, the rise and the fall, the pain and the aftermath, can these two navigate the waters of acute regret, survive the trials of coming face to face with all that they have lost, and find the strength to try again? 


This book is intended for readers 18 and up.

My Review

5 Star Finale ★★★★★

“Sometimes protecting your heart is the only way to keep your sanity.”

After the way things had left off at the end of Rock Bottom, I was devastated and beyond heartbroken for Tristan and Danika. Their path has been incredibly painful and devastating up this point, both Tristan and Danika, have lost so much. Things that can never be recovered. Tristan is basically on his own in the world, minus his few close friends, family no longer exists for him. Danika is determined, refocused and returning to live as she remembered it. Life Pre-Tristan. I thought that R.K Lilley had wrung me out emotionally with Rock Bottom, but the emotional turmoil continues, in Lovely Trigger. I was so incredibly invested as a reader in these characters, all of them, that it was impossible to stop.

Frankie, James, Bianca, and the rest of the crew are back as well. Lovely Trigger continues to be an ensemble read, even though this is Tristan and Danika’s series. Going into this one was a bit bittersweet for me, since I knew that this was to be the conclusion of Tristan and Danika’s journey. I wanted so badly to see where they ended up; I mean they HAD to have their HEA right? After everything that they have endured both apart and together, they deserved it so much. Reading all three of these books, back to back, is extremely powerful. Addictive is what this series is, they’re Book Crack!

The story flows flawlessly; the characters are still quirky and incredibly rich, so developed now, that as a reader they are now real to me. The relationships formed previously are enriched and strengthened while new ones emerge. The emotional scenes, incredibly powerful and well written. The obstacles that much need to be overcome, in order to move forward are difficult, raw and hard earned. Both Tristan and Danika have the scars to prove it. As a conclusion to an amazing series, Lovely Trigger is the perfect, satisfying conclusion to an unforgettable series.

Tristan and Danika’s story will echo in your mind long after you have turned the last page.

“All this time. Years. And my heart is still beating in time with yours, still working above all else, to keep that even pace. Fight it all you want, but even our bodies betray our feelings.”



R.K. Lilley lives in Texas with her husband and their two beautiful sons. She's had a lot of interesting jobs, from being a first class flight attendant, to being a stablehand, but swears she never knew what hard work was until she had children. She's been addicted to both reading and writing fiction since she can remember. She loves to travel, read, hike, paint, game, watch anime, and make the most of every single day. She is the author of the erotic romance novels In Flight, Mile High, Grounded, Bad Things, Rock Bottom, Lovely Trigger and the novella, Lana. She is currently hard at work on the fourth book in the Up in the Air series, Mr. Beautiful, and the standalone erotic romance novel, The Wild Side. Release dates for both titles will be announced soon.





Mr. Beautiful will be a male point-of-view novel for the Up in the Air series that tells the story of James, and Stephan, and their unwavering love of a woman that would make the two men family.



The Books That Started It All... Bianca and James... Up In The Air





No comments: