Thursday, December 12, 2013


A Beautiful Wedding
Jamie McGuire

You know that Abby Abernathy unexpectedly became Mrs. Maddox. But what do you really know?
Why did Abby pop the question?
What secrets were shared before the ceremony?
Where did they spend their wedding night?
Who else knew about it . . . and didn’t tell?
Everything about Abby and Travis’s elopement was top-secret . . . until now. Fans of Beautiful Disaster and Walking Disaster will get all of their questions answered in this whirlwind tale of the wedding day (and night!)—and as with all good stories, this one will definitely have been worth the wait.


Angie’s Review



*5 Stars*
 
I’ve read all of the books in this series. Beautiful Disaster is one of my all time favorite reads. I have read many more times than once. Walking Disaster was wonderful, too and I have read it more than once as well. You see I am a serial re-reader if I truly love the book. When I learned Jamie was writing another story about Travis and Abby, I had to have it.
We start off on the night of the fire, in Keaton Hall. Abby and Travis have made it home, but are both very shaken up over the night’s events. Travis is dealing with the guilt he feels. He’s convinced himself that he is somehow responsible for the tragedy. Abby is panicking internally, contemplating whether or not Travis will be sought out by the police. She’s convinced he will be held somehow responsible for the fire, and be taken away from her. Abby then hatches a plan, unknown to Travis her true motivation. Abby proposes to Travis.
 
This is going to work. We would get married, Travis would have an alibi, and everything would be okay. Oh, hell. Damn. Shit. Fuck. I was getting married.” -Abby
 
Now we all know how the story plays out once they return from Vegas. However what happens in Vegas had stayed in Vegas until Jamie finally gave us the full story.


I love Abby and Travis. Pidge and Trav will always be one of my all time favorite book couples. The author gives us a couple who are far from perfect. They are both flawed. Through all of the obstacles thrown their way, they remain united.
 
It’s official. Bimbos, fights, leaving, Parker, Vegas...even fires. Our relationship can withstand anything.”    -Travis
 
"I looked at him, resolute. He was mine, and I was his. If I knew anything at all, it was that only those two things mattered.” -Abby
 
The dual perspectives here are brilliant. We as readers get to live inside both Abby’s and Travis’s head while they prepare for their wedding. I hate that Abby doubts herself constantly. I adore Travis’s unwavering devotion to Abby. However it takes a bit of the anxiety out of the story for the reader when you know that your MC’s are getting their happily ever after.
 
“Travis leaned in, squeezed my hand and whispered, “Happy Anniversary Pidge.” I looked into his eyes, as full of love and hope as they were the year before. “One down, forever to go,” I whispered.”
 
I loved this novella. I loved having another chance to read  Abby and Travis. I would be over the moon, if Jamie decided to give us another Abby and Travis story. I personally want an installment about their lives after the left college and Abby’s pregnancy. Maybe if we make enough noise, all together, we can convince Jamie we need more Trav and Pidge. Add A Beautiful Wedding to your libraries it a must have for true fans of this series.

 
Purchase Links For A Beautiful Wedding
 
Book 1
 
Book 2

No comments: